The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

SFI Courses on Week Ends

Stockholm SFI courses

Mavrick
post 23.May.2012, 11:11 AM
Post #1

Hi All ,

I have been living in stockholm for the past 2 years , I tried to book Swedish classes , but most of them fall on Weekdays . I would like to know if any of the SFI classes are offered on Weekends ?

Thanks in Advance smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
gplusa
post 23.May.2012, 11:20 AM
Post #2

SFI courses are usually offered in the evenings for people who are unable to attend daytime classes during to study or work commitments. There is also a distance option offered as I understand. It would surprise me if there was a weekend course offered as that would put a real strain on the teaching budget for this free course.
+
Mib
post 23.May.2012, 11:46 AM
Post #3

Folkuniversitet do courses on Saturday, but then you or your company has to pay for that. The advantage is that the classes are smaller and fillled with people around the same level normally and usually are professionals working with International companies.
+
Puffin
post 23.May.2012, 11:51 AM
Post #4

Stockholm stad has evening courses

Folkuniversitet also has SFI courses that are aimed at people who work - either 1 or 2 evenings or Saturdays
http://www.folkuniversitetet.se/Skolor/Kom...FI/Studievagar/
+
StephenR
post 23.May.2012, 05:37 PM
Post #5

CentrumVux in Haninge have courses on Saturdays from 10:00 - 13:30 but you would need to contact your own Kommun and ask them if they'll agree to pay for you to study in Haninge. The standard SFI term ends in a fortnight so I would guess that there are probably no weekend classes during the summer. The autumn starts in August.
+
*Guest*
post 11.Jun.2012, 07:11 PM
Post #6

Hi,
SFI Globen has a Saturday class.
Same though with CentrumVux, they will be closed all through July.
+
*Guest*
post 11.Jun.2012, 10:08 PM
Post #7

Question for the group: I plan on living in Taby within the first couple of months of relocating, then purchasing an apartment downtown Stockholm...would I start in Taby SFI and then transfer to the Stockholm classes? Thanks for the insight! smile.gif
+
gplusa
post 12.Jun.2012, 07:38 AM
Post #8

If you change your area of residence, then it's easy enough to change your SFI school. The funding for the school is based on where you live. I lived in one kommun, but worked and studied in another kommun. In my case I had to get permission from my home kommun to transfer to the school in my work kommun as my home kommun still had to pay for my course costs. If that makes sense.

A couple of things to be prepared for when you switch schools. First up, as you'll already have thought about, if there's a queue for your class in Stockholm, then you'll be at the back of it. No surprise there. The other factor is that, while there is a generic course structure for SFI throughout Sweden, the course plan within each school can vary quite a lot. I had to almost start from scratch again when I transferred schools as the assignments and course requirements were completely different between the 2 schools. That being said, if you're only going to have a couple of months at the first school, it won't take you long to catch up in the enw school.
+
Mavrick
post 12.Jun.2012, 04:43 PM
Post #9

Thank You guys ... for all you replies ... I have actually checked the same with details with SFI ... they ask me to take a test and they have asked me to enroll in SFI Saturday classes happening in Kista galleria ...They have put me in the level 3C . The classes Begin by 15 June but , they are going to be closed in the month of July .

Once again thanq all for your replies ... smile.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: