The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

Understanding the migration process

Migrationsverket, Skatterverket, etc

post 29.Apr.2013, 07:20 AM
Post #1
Joined: 18.Mar.2012

Based on the guide here, I was hoping some people could confirm some things:

1. I have my residence permit approved, but elected to give biometric data once I arrive in Sweden (I don't need a visa for Schengen entry). So I should go to Migrationsverket as soon as I arrive, and a few weeks later I will receive a.. residence card? ("UT-Kort")? For this I need take only my dossier number and my passport only?

2. Next, I need to register with Skatterverket. Can I do this in parallel while waiting for my UT-Kort, or must I have that first? Some time after this registration, they'll assign me a personnummer - but not yet any "ID card". Much documentation required?

3. Register (in person?) for insurance with Försäkringskassan. I can do this only after I know my personnummer from step 2?

4. Get a resident ID card from Skatterverket. This is different from the resident permit card from step 1. But is there any reason I can't apply for this during step 2? Or does step 3 need to be completed first?
Go to the top of the page
post 29.Apr.2013, 01:02 PM
Post #2
Joined: 1.Jun.2008

Have your Swedish address with you (unless you memorized it already). If you are employed, or have your own company, carry relevant documents with you (probably only needed for Försäkringskassan).

2. You can try before getting the UT card, but you are likely to be rejected without it.

3. Yes, get personnummer first.

4. This has nothing to do with step 3 (Försäkringskassan). But probably you need to have your personnummer first. You can read how to get ID card on
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: