The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

OK, so I am curious!

*Guest*
post 8.Feb.2007, 05:40 PM
Post #1

I am just wondering how many of you actually enjoy a little 'tipple' each night.

When I arrive home I just can't wait to start cooking as I am usually starving...and crack open some red wine!

Usually about 2 (maybe 3) glasses per night.

What about you, how many glasses OR units per week and do you think I have a 'problem'

????

Mary x
Go to the top of the page
+
*Guest*
post 8.Feb.2007, 05:44 PM
Post #2

and maybe a gin & tonic...!

:oops:
+
post 8.Feb.2007, 05:51 PM
Post #3

unless it's a social occassion. i close to never "just have a drink"
+
*Guest*
post 8.Feb.2007, 05:54 PM
Post #4

I enjoy having a drink while cooking but usually it is only for an hour while cooking as I said BUT 'Mary being Mary' I am thinking...

Should I stop!
+
FR
post 8.Feb.2007, 06:06 PM
Post #5

I think the key is that you think you may have a problem. If that enters your mind, then you do have a problem. The next step is defining how big the problem is. Do you need those two glasses of wine or could you cook with wine and not drink any. Btw, not all the alcohol is burned off in the cooking process.
+
*Guest*
post 8.Feb.2007, 06:07 PM
Post #6

I don't need the wine but I do like it...maybe tomorrow I'll not have any while cooking EVEN tho its Friday!!!

As for tonight, too late!

:roll:
+
FR
post 8.Feb.2007, 06:11 PM
Post #7

See how it goes not drinking on a few nights. I suppose another question is whether it is the taste of the wine or the effect of the wine. Would you drink a substance that tasted exactly the same and did not have the effect of the alcohol?
+
*Guest*
post 8.Feb.2007, 06:13 PM
Post #8

To be honest, Joakim and I rarely are out and both enjoy a few glasses and I enjoy the taste more than the effect cause I usually stop b4 I get drunk.

+
OysterLucy
post 8.Feb.2007, 06:13 PM
Post #9

Slightly offtopic, but is it legal to brew your own beer and wine in Sweden, for personal use?

I actually can't stand drink at all, but I like making the stuff, especilly wine.
+
Nuname
post 8.Feb.2007, 06:14 PM
Post #10

Surely not the best question to be asking on a forum full of sanctimonious Americans.

Cheers
+
*Guest*
Post #11

QUOTE (OysterLucy)
Slightly offtopic, but is it legal to brew your own beer and wine in Sweden, for personal use?

I actually can't stand drink at all, but I like making the stuff, especilly wine.

fffreeeeeeeekkk!

lol only teasing!
+
FR
Post #12

QUOTE (Starlight Princess)
To be honest, Joakim and I rarely are out and both enjoy a few glasses and I enjoy the taste more than the effect cause I usually stop b4 I get drunk.

That's good then. smile.gif
+
Nuname
post 8.Feb.2007, 06:18 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (OysterLucy)

Yes, they sell the kits here. As long as you don't start distilling it you'll be OK.
+
OysterLucy
post 8.Feb.2007, 06:20 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Nuname)
Yes, they sell the kits here. As long as you don't start distilling it you'll be OK.

Thanks smile.gif
+
FR
post 8.Feb.2007, 06:21 PM
Post #15

I have recently become interested in brewing my own beer. Btw, I really don't like beer at all and probably won't drink a drop of the product, if I ever make any. I happened upon a brew shop, however, and became interested in the science of it.
+

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: