The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

Residence permit will expire in 1.5 months

Can I travel abroad and come back?

Workaholic
post 16.Jul.2012, 11:56 AM
Post #1

Hi,

Had a look at discussion forum but couldn't found anything specific to my question. I would be thankful if any of you can answer to my question. My residence permit will expire in 1.5 months. I want to go on vacations outside EU now for like 2 weeks (before my permit expires). Can I travel abroad and come back without any hassle? OR will it be any problem at border when they will say I only have 1.5months residence left on my card?
I will apply for extension once I am back because if I will do it now then I won't be able to travel. Thanks a bunch
Go to the top of the page
+
Yorkshireman
post 16.Jul.2012, 02:58 PM
Post #2

The permit is valid until it expires or is withdrawn. You shouldn't have any problem returning as long as it is before the expiration date.
+
imz1
post 16.Jul.2012, 03:26 PM
Post #3

You shouldn't face any problem,i have 7 days left in my visit visa last year and no body asked anything...
+
Workaholic
post 16.Jul.2012, 03:56 PM
Post #4

Thanks guys for kind replies, yay yay I can travel smile.gif
+
axiom
post 17.Jul.2012, 01:45 AM
Post #5

Sure! I have a friend that returned the day before the permit expired, well he was waiting for a renewal just hadn't gotten it as yet.

Why can't you apply for an extension before you travel? They don't keep your passport nor your UT card.
+
Workaholic
post 17.Jul.2012, 11:01 AM
Post #6

@Axiom yeah I can do that. This makes sense. I was just thinking may be that keep the passport or UT card. But yes now I can apply before. Thanks smile.gif
+
Amber Dawn
post 19.Jul.2012, 02:42 PM
Post #7

I returned the day after my permit expired and I had no problem.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: