The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

Working for the UK as a Swedish resident

Not sure what documentation I need to fill in

post 10.Sep.2020, 01:08 PM
Post #1
Joined: 10.Sep.2020

Sorry if this doesn't go in this forum but I have seen similar posts already here but they were either too old or didn't really fit my situation.

I have just started working for a UK company but I live here in Sweden. My company in the UK hasn't registered me as a worker living abroad and is planning on deducting the taxes from my salary to pay them there but I have been told here that I have to only pay them in Sweden because is where I live.
I have filled a form for incoming taxes in Sweden and that is all good it seems but in some places I have read that I have to be registered here as an employer (?) as well because my company is not doing so.
Then I called the UK and they told me to fill in a p85 file which doesn't apply to me because I lived before in the UK and I am not hired for an entire tax year (only for 6 months) so I am a bit lost in what I should do, nothing seems to apply to my situation sad.gif

Some other person in the UK told me to just fill in a double taxation form but not sure how this comes into place in all this madness.

All this info I got it from Skatteverket and HM Revenue & Customs, so in theory all the info is legal and right...
Go to the top of the page
post 11.Sep.2020, 09:36 AM
Post #2
Joined: 18.Aug.2020

if you are living in sweden then you need to be a tax resident here, so what you are doing (living here, but getting paid in the UK) shouldnt be done.
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: