The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

The Drama Thread

Post all your dramatic woes about TL here

post 22.Apr.2010, 09:09 AM
Post #1

so we have a new round of "i'm leaving" broken promises (at least streja is man enough to laugh about how futile and ridiculous it often is to start a whole thread about it) and the clique/bully/henchmen/posse accusations and the (insert poster name) is the reason i (insert action) nonsense in true "the devil made me do it" form

so here's a nice thread to spout the drama. i just checked encyclopedia dramatica and it seems we've fallen off their radar *sniffs* though a blast from our past and an inkling into some of the previous [un]fun drama recently alluded to (LF) still is active.

maybe we'll make their pages again. (doubt it)

so who's first to wah-wah

i nominate freja and hale to go at it (they're already indirectly cat-fighting on a number of threads)
Go to the top of the page
+
post 22.Apr.2010, 09:32 AM
Post #2

QUOTE (Rick Methven @ 22.Apr.2010, 10:29 AM) *
Freja in a post here claims that she joined this forum to stand up for Sweden against us old timers who are all Swede bashers and thinks that the rash of resignations in recen ... (show full quote)
+
Mzungu
post 22.Apr.2010, 09:54 AM
Post #3

Return to the fold "LF",and sort the resident dipsticks,whingers and whiners out...

*then let the fun begin*
+
Lostaussie
post 22.Apr.2010, 09:59 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (7 @ 22.Apr.2010, 10:09 AM) *
so here's a nice thread to spout the drama. i just checked encyclopedia dramatica and it seems we've fallen off their radar *sniffs* though a blast from our past and ... (show full quote)

Too bad, the site is on our blacklist in the office so I will need to read it this evening.
+
post 22.Apr.2010, 10:06 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Mzungu @ 22.Apr.2010, 10:54 AM) *
Return to the fold "LF",and sort the resident dipsticks,whingers and whiners out...

you know mzungu, i was kinda thinking that. the new crybabying complaints would have been laughed off in a heartbeat in the heyday. this site was once a place for the thick-skinned and the quick-witted.

can you even imagine (shock horror) if holey started posting again? people would be petitioning the government for arrest warrants. 'tis sad the lameness of it all.
+
Rick Methven
post 22.Apr.2010, 10:13 AM
Post #6

Problem is laughter and old time wry humour seems to have go out of the window.

PS Mzungu keeping my fingers crossed for HV (the family in Nässjö told me to laugh.gif)
+
byke
post 22.Apr.2010, 10:39 AM
Post #7

Freja in a post here claims that she joined this forum to stand up for Sweden against us old timers who are all Swede bashers and thinks that the rash of resignations in recent days weeks is better for The Local as then her concept of My country is always right will prevail on the forum.

What do other members think.

Maintain the status quo or knuckle under the thumb of Freja?

Please vote now.

Vote 1 Old timers out

Vote 2 Freja to be banned ... (hide full quote)

If anyone has a problem with another certain member on the board, then I would advise them to contact the the local directly (http://www.thelocal.se/contact.php) and report the matter to one of the main people such as James Savage. I myself have had 1 warning in all the time I have been here for referring to a certain member as a "Snide Bitch" after having to read numerous replies by such a person who IMHO appeared to be deliberately looking to entice tensions via dancing around the rules.

Simply because if any member tries to bring the question of accountability or breach of rules etc on here they will only be treated as a rule offender and simply be punished in the same way in that they accuse.

I personally enjoy this virtual form of communication in English as it is a way to communicate with others who have a similar cultural perspective (a break from the culture that I live in and tolerate but don't always agree with) However as seen certain posters see this grouping of "foreigners" in a forum that uses a language that they may be able to communicate in as a opportunity to try and look for payback rather than trying to understand that other cultures may just be critical on a whole regardless of location or nation to which they may question certain standards. Constructive criticism is often misconstrued by those in cultures where this is not part of the norm as racial discontent or simple hatred. Unfortunately this often not helped when education teaches at low levels and its students confuses Panglish with English.

Anyway,

Drama on ...
+
Mo
post 22.Apr.2010, 10:41 AM
Post #8

was going to put this on another thread - but that's been taken down ... so I'll dump it in here instead

If you are not sufficiently lagom & do not follow Jantelagen you WILL be bullied, as this is a .SE site normal swedish rules apply. I'm still trying to work out what the correct response is :-

get angry ?
abuse back ?
ignore ?
run away ?
ask them to get help with their "issues" ?

of course on an internet forum it's pretty simple - I don't give a flying f**k
when someone is screwing with my livelihood or my kids - well easy enough to change job - at least on that front I can hold my head high ...
+
Fishtank
post 22.Apr.2010, 10:54 AM
Post #9

So what exactly this thread is all about?? I am lost now...

About dramatic stuff hmmm let me see...
Couple of days back threads started by me were pulled off out of blue and got personal mail from TL gang about How It Shall Be on here. Does that qualify as dramatic enough?

*007 perhaps I signed death warrant for this thread too now...
+
drubb
post 22.Apr.2010, 11:51 AM
Post #10

and report the matter to one of the main people such as James Savage.

And get a naff response with no answers and after a few email dialogues says he will ignore further comments.
+
byke
post 22.Apr.2010, 11:56 AM
Post #11

Hahaha ... I am glad I am not the only one.
Just write an email that points out such breach and leave it at that.

If he gets enough people disturbing him, he may just do something about it.
+
DidiE
post 22.Apr.2010, 12:58 PM
Post #12

I am trying to figure out the encyclopedia, but the graphic hentai animations are making my mind wander.

Here is Auntie Didi E's always wise advice and feedback. I've left this place three times in a huff. Nobody ever begged me to come back, I note- but came back I did, because there IS a lot to recommend TL, especially for those of us who live in Sweden. I resolved this last time to take the site for what it is- a public dumping grounds where just about anybody with a keyboard can post. Since that is a fact, it is I, Didi E, who must adapt. I don't take postings seriously anymore, I don't get mad at nincompoopish rhetoric, I try not to even read threads about subject I know will piss me off (although I do reserve the right to respond to people who don't want to pay the TV license) and I use the block function liberally. When I do post, I try (although I probably don't always succeed) to be polite, explain my own viewpoint, but I don't get upset if others behave in another fashion. I am aware that if you do post here to watch the shit fly, then nobody will be able to have much of an effect on your behaviour or decision. I can verify, however, having posted here on and off since 2005 under various user names, that this place was a hell of lot rougher back in the day. If this seems wild to you now, you would have been positively shocked in 2006.

Just for fun- here is a list of what I no longer post about

Islam or women's roles in Islam, or hijab or Islamic fashion codes
US politics, especially about gun control
Whether or not it is okay to cheat on taxes
Religion, as a general rule
+
Craptastical
post 22.Apr.2010, 02:11 PM
Post #13

*looks at clock*
15:11
Any bets on when this thread will disappear? Anyone?
+
Craptastical
post 22.Apr.2010, 02:12 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (7 @ 22.Apr.2010, 10:09 AM) *
so we have a new round of "i'm leaving" broken promises (at least streja is man enough to laugh about how futile and ridiculous it often is to start a whole thre ... (show full quote)

I should not the encyclopedia dramatica link is NSFW.
+
Benzed
post 22.Apr.2010, 02:15 PM
Post #15

I give the thread until 4pm at best. A period of 15-20 minutes hand wringing must occur first, certainly.
+

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: