The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

Need advices regarding residence after divorce!

I am non-EU of an Eu nations spouse and divorcing

post 16.Sep.2020, 10:11 PM
Post #1
Joined: 16.Sep.2020

Go to the top of the page
Case officer
post 17.Sep.2020, 11:56 AM
Post #2
Joined: 25.Jul.2012

Since residents permits are issued for maximum two years, it is clear that you do not have a residence permit at all but a EU residence card, who is valid for up to 5 years.

When your divorce is final your right to remain in Sweden will cease immediately and you will have no right to stay in or work in Sweden. Without a residence permit the police can issue you a deportation order. If necessary, the police can also take you into custody.

If you want to apply for a residence permit you do so from your home country. It is normally not possible to be granted a residence permit for other studies than university level.
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: