The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Norwegian employers prefer Swedes: survey

The Local
post 30.Jul.2009, 12:56 PM
Post #1

Norwegian employers specifically request Swedes when they are looking to employ new staff, according to a slew of Norwegian recruitment agencies.

"Customers ask specifically after Swedish staff," confirmed Gry Ljöterud of Manpower to the Norwegian newspaper Dagsavisen.

"Swedes are particularly popular within the service sector, construction and the health sector," she continues.

Ljöterud's analysis of the standing of Swedes on the Norwegian labour market is shared by sector colleague, Kjell Graarun at Jobzone.

Norway has been a popular destination for Swedes in search of work for several years. Higher unemployment at home, especially among the young, have encouraged many to seek their fortune in Sweden's oil-rich neighbour.

87 words remaining. Click to read the full article.
Go to the top of the page
+
Greg in Canada
post 30.Jul.2009, 02:26 PM
Post #2

At one time Sweden was the wealthiest Scandinavian country and Norway was regarded as the "poor country cousin". Now because of their oil reserves, Norway is wealthier than Sweden.
A Norwegian woman recently told me the "in thing" in Norway nowadays is to have a Swedish chauffeur or maid.
+
Eurostan
post 30.Jul.2009, 03:23 PM
Post #3

good article.
+
hpunlimited
post 30.Jul.2009, 03:24 PM
Post #4

Because of the oil! Take away the oil and it is back to Cod fishing for the Norweggians.
Swedes are extremely hard working people with good work ethics. They have to be! Because of the gorilla constantly on their backs(the wellfare abusers) 25% work hard, while the other 75% collect government handouts.
+
bocale1
post 30.Jul.2009, 04:01 PM
Post #5

"Swedes are extremely hard working people"... I take this as a joke, otherwise it means that I have been unlucky so far (in the last 5 years...)
Let´s see: a couple of fika breaks every day, 30 mins minimum lost, then 1 hr lunch break and people running out from office at 17:00, not one minute more... then 5 or 6 weeks of consecutive summer vacation, several months if not years for parental leave and... maybe something more...
in Singapore they would get crazy in see how much hard working Swedes are (and I put myself in the category, since, sooner or later, you need to comply with local habits!)
+
Tennin
post 30.Jul.2009, 05:12 PM
Post #6

I'd hate to see how bad the Norwegian workers are. Is it possible to take more breaks, fikas, holidays than in Sweden!?!
+
conboy
post 30.Jul.2009, 05:17 PM
Post #7

I'd answer you but I have to take a fika!
+
peropaco
post 30.Jul.2009, 05:52 PM
Post #8

Besides the fika and all, the Swedes have a very good work ethicks. That of course happens only after you peel of the abusing ones that plan their pregnancies back to back to have three or four years of from work ;-)
+
slickscott
post 30.Jul.2009, 07:14 PM
Post #9

Well coming from the US I must say that America is one of the worse places to be if you dont want to work hard and its the BEST place to be if you do. We dont have all these holidays that foreigners do and in fact never take our full vacation time alotted to us. It actually must be nice however to sit back and chill while looking for work but have the governement backing you up with monthly living allowance.
+
Playmaker
post 30.Jul.2009, 07:22 PM
Post #10

as a electrician i have worked all over stockholm for 3 years now and i could not understand how laid back everyone was. we fika @9 sometimes for a hour, lunch @10 fika @2. in the states i never seen anything like it. i work my azz off with 15min breaks. i wonder how hard they work in norway. bet sweden wishes they would of keep it or at least fought for it. cudos to norway my nato brother.
+
Nemesis
post 30.Jul.2009, 10:53 PM
Post #11

Could someone give me the internet address's of employment agencies in Norway?
+
Tennessee Thunder
post 31.Jul.2009, 03:26 AM
Post #12

LMFAO,,This has to be some kind of a joke.There is NO hard working Swedes.
I,ve worked here for 10 years now and have hired many people,Brits,Checz,Pol,s,Danes,anyone but a Swede,To say there lazy is an understatement.
+
Nemesis
post 31.Jul.2009, 08:01 AM
Post #13

Hi Tennessee,
You can hire me, I am Scotch-Irish. I work hard and need a new job.
+
MTTRN
post 31.Jul.2009, 09:18 AM
Post #14

I kind of liked this one "They are here to work until they drop"
+
jannestig
post 31.Jul.2009, 09:33 AM
Post #15

Actually Norway has more holidays then sweden for a start, If you live in Malmö you notice even danish bums have moved there because they get more booze. If you want really lazy workers in the Latin countries where 2 hour lunch breaks are the norm
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: