The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

Dog walker / sitter?

Impossible to get space at hunddagis!

delfinita
post 28.Feb.2011, 10:55 PM
Post #1

I got a job in GBG and i am moving back the first week of april. I therefore need someone to help me walk my lovely doggie once a day and sometimes dog sitting for the weekend.

I would gladly put her at a hunddagis but they are all FULL!!!

However, i am wondering how it would be with legal issues if i hire somebody to walk my dog while i am at work.

Are there reliable agencies out there that manage reliable people to do it?
I could get a student or something but that would mean paying under the table i guess? How to solve this?? I am not really up for paying under the table...unless its my only option!
Also what about guarantees and stuff? If i am to give my house key for someone to go in my house and take my dog for 30 mins to an hour walk in the middle of the day, its risky...is there anywhere i could go to help me with legal issues?

I was reading vovve.se and someone mentioned that dogs are being kidnapped from people that advertise as dogwalkers (weird...in sweden!?!?) and so i am unsure on how to handle the situaiton.

Of course, my dog can go all day without going out, i take her on a nice jog in the mornings and evenings and she usually sleeps all day but i prefer for her to be going out more.

Anyway anyone help taking the weird ideas off my head? lol
Go to the top of the page
+
Johno
post 28.Feb.2011, 11:34 PM
Post #2

I can only say that the local newspaper not too far south from you down the coast ie not GBG has advts in for dog sitters and walkers. And while I cant quote chapter and verse it is apparently not allowed to leave a dog locked up all day without being let out. (I guess if someone complained because it was barking ...)
+
delfinita
post 1.Mar.2011, 11:33 AM
Post #3

Yeah that is the problem, how to trust someone your dog? Someone you find in the paper? My dog is my family, i want to make sure i have her in good hands. I want to find a dagis but all are full...anyone reccomends someone or some small foretag?

Thanks!
+
Nicola_94
post 1.Mar.2011, 01:07 PM
Post #4

Hum, have you tried your neighbours?

I'm asking as my dad found an elderly couple living near him to walk his dogs at lunch time when he was working in Sweden for a few months in exchange for helping them out around the home with some light DIY and taking them to the supermarket once a week. Now you might not want to get into that kind of an exchange (no money changed hands) but you can usually find a neighbours kid or someone around who wants to earn a bit to walk your dog and who is going out anyway...
+
kaze
post 1.Mar.2011, 08:06 PM
Post #5

Yeah, no friends or neighbours?
Surely you know someone with a teenager who wouldn't mind earning a few krona?
+
*Guest*
post 23.Mar.2011, 02:23 PM
Post #6

Hi,
Im carla..currently moving to gothernburg end of april and if your still looking for a dog sitter im definatly your lady!!
My mum runs a dog walking bussiness here in england so i have first hand experience aswell as being an extreamly lovabul person!
If you have found one, nice work and i hope you get the most out of the summer.
Im moving to penny gangen.
+
*Guest*
post 6.Apr.2012, 10:13 PM
Post #7

Hi Carla,
If you're still in Gothenburg I might be of need of your help every now and then. Not right now but in the next couple of months on and off, probably. I'm trying to have a backup plan in case I need to go away for work or other reasons.

Thanks,
Charlie
+
*Guest*
post 26.Aug.2013, 09:30 AM
Post #8

Hej!
I am 21 years old women and I am looking for a pet sitters/walkers job near Gothenburg. However, I live in Kungsbacka.
If You have some offers, WRITE me Ginntare92@gmail.com.

Gintare
+
*Guest*
post 10.Oct.2013, 02:50 PM
Post #9

Hej!

I recently moved to Stockholm from Australia and am looking for some pet sitting/walking work.

For more information, click on the following link:

http://nickbromell.wix.com/pooch-pal

Regards

Nicholas
+
*Guest*
post 10.Aug.2014, 10:43 AM
Post #10

Hi, I am Kelly and have moved to GBG since Jan 2014. If any of you that are living in GBG and would like to hire dog sitter, I can be your help. I am a big dog person and have 6 dogs back in my home country.
I am currently taking swedish language course so I am available for dog sitting on daily basis and even for the weekend. Regarding safety/trust issue, I am here with my swedish sambo so if it makes you feel better, I could provide you with my permanent address in GBG upon employment. Feel free to contact me kellyhky88@gmail.com
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: